In matters as complicated as tax, experience counts
Drache Aptowitzer LLP has significant expertise helping individuals and corporations resolve disputes with the Canada Revenue Agency over tax owing.
If you get a letter from the CRA asking for money or information, it may be in your best interest to get advice before replying. There are steps we can help you take to fight unfair or incorrect assessments.
The CRA frequently has short deadlines and forms that trap the unwary – if you’re not sure what to do, seek experienced advice right away.
Our tax counsel has spent many years analysing CRA documents on these matters and has represented many clients at the Tax Court of Canada and the Federal Court of Appeal and can help you consider all your out-of-court solutions. In matters as complicated as tax, experience counts.
Here are some examples of the kinds of cases we have dealt with in the past.
Here are some examples of what Drache Aptowitzer LLP can help you with:
- Objecting to a tax assessment or reassessment
- Appeals to the Tax Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Appeal or the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Personal or business audits
- Voluntary disclosure to the CRA
- Applying for relief from interest on taxes owing
- Requesting extensions of time
- Penalties under the Income Tax Act
- Director liability issues