Sylvie Lalonde practices in the area of charitable, not-for-profit and public organizations (including hospitals, museums, universities and colleges), healthcare institutions and services law. She advises on corporate/commercial matters, corporate governance and privacy matters.
Sylvie is fluently bilingual and practices in both official languages.
- LLB (French Common Law Section), University of Ottawa, 1999
- Bachelor of Social Sciences, University of Ottawa, 1996
- Ontario, 2001
- Advises on legal issues relevant to the sector in which the client operates including specific legislation dealing with not-for profit organizations, charities, hospitals, colleges and trustees.
- Advises on incorporation, organization and ongoing management of corporate law matters, including supplementary letters patent, by-laws, board policies (e.g., codes of conduct, conflict of interest policies, policies on nominations and elections, members’ agreements, etc.).
- Advises on fiduciary duties and governance concerns of directors and officers.
- Drafts and reviews contracts, including service agreements, government funding agreements, asset transfer agreements, confidentiality agreements, etc.
- Advises on issues of confidentiality and privacy legislation, such as compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2000.
- Advises on strategic alliances in the non-profit sector.
- Advises on legislative and regulatory requirements specific to healthcare institutions.
Publications & Presentations
- Author, “What You Need to Know About Continuing Under the New Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act,” BLG’s Not-for-Profit Newsletter, Winter 2011.
- Author, “Bill C-4 – Top Ten Things You Should Know About the New Canada Not-For-Profit Corporations Act,” BLG’s Not-for-Profit Newsletter, Summer 2009.
- Author, “Structuring the Expansion of the Activities of a (Non-charitable) Not-for-profit Organization,” BLG’s Not-for-Profit Newsletter, Fall 2006.
- Author, “Minutes of Meetings Should be Carefully Kept,” BLG’s Not-for-Profit Newsletter, Winter 2003.
Rankings & Recognitions
- Selected by peers for inclusion in the 2016 and 2015 editions of The Best Lawyers in Canada® (Health Care Law).
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Regroupement des gens d’affaires
- Member, Association of French Speaking Jurists of Ontario (AJEFO)
- Director and President, Les services à l’enfance Grandir ensemble, 2009-2015
- Director, The OutCare Foundation, 2010-11
- Director and Secretary, Ryan’s Well Foundation, 2004-06
Sylvie can be reached at: email@example.com
She can also be reached at any of the following numbers at extension 21:
If Sylvie is unavailable at the time of your call, please try her assistant Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by dialing extension 23.