Alexandra Tzannidakis, LL.B. practices charity & non-profit, corporate, and tax law. Alexandra serves clients across Canada, including individuals as well as organizations of all sizes. She is dedicated to working closely with her clients to identify their needs and offer practical, effective solutions.
Alexandra helps her clients navigate the complex world of taxes, corporations, and non-profit/charity regulations. Her focuses include:
- Securing and maintaining charity registrations
- Helping charities operate inside and outside of Canada
- Guiding and defending against CRA audits
- Facilitating large donations, both domestic and international
- Building relationships and capacity for non-profits via agreements and contracts
- Optimizing corporate governance structures and bylaws
- Litigating personal/corporate tax disputes
- Litigating charity disputes
- Providing guidance on tax and non-profit legislation
Alexandra attended McGill University and the University of Leicester before articling with Drache Aptowitzer LLP and being called to the Ontario bar in 2013. She has served on the executive of the Ontario Bar Association’s Charities & Not-for-profit Section and as the director of a charity. She has appeared before the Federal Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada.
She frequently writes on topics of interest to charities and non-profit organizations. Her work appears in high-profile industry publications including The Canadian Taxpayer, Canadian Not-For-Profit News, Hilborn Charity eNEWS, and Thomson Reuters’ Taxnet Pro. She also speaks regularly on tax and charity topics to a variety of audiences, from industry professionals to volunteer groups.
Alexandra can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at any of the following numbers at extension 17: