- March 2017 – Yvonne Chenier Q.C. and Alexandra Tzannidakis will be speaking at the upcoming 24th annual CAGP conference in Toronto taking place at the Hilton. Yvonne and Alexandra will speak to the legalities of “Fundraising Without Borders” on Wednesday, March 29th, 2017. Here is a sneak peek. For more information on the CAGP Conference or to register to see Yvonne and Alexandra speak, please visit the CAGP website .
- February 2017 – Arthur Drache is featured in the Philanthropist – Canada 150 Profiles series. To read Arthur’s profile click here.
- January 2017 – Drache Aptowitzer LLP is proud to announce that it has received honourable mention in Canadian Lawyer Magazine’s listing of Top 5 Tax Boutiques in Canada.
- December 2016, Yvonne Chenier Q.C., will be speaking with a variety of other experts involved in the Not for Profit sector, at Calvista LLP’s annual client information day – Not For Profit Update 2016. Her topics this year include limited partnerships, new requirements regarding testimonials, and other legal updates. While this event is by invitation, she hopes to see you there.
November 2016 – Kara Johnson joined the Drache Aptowitzer LLP team on November 1st, 2016 and we are delighted to have her. While new to the legal profession, Kara brings a wealth of experience from her many varied positions. Kara is fluent in English, French, Spanish, and conversant in Italian. To find out more about Kara, please feel free to read more here.Adam Aptowitzer is speaking at the CBA’s Administrative Law National Gathering about Julie Guindon v.s. Her Majesty the Queen, which was argued by Adam up to the supreme court level, on Friday November 18th, 2016.
Drache Aptowitzer LLP will be appearing as an exhibitor along with Global Philanthropic at AFP Congress 2016 in Toronto, November 21-23rd. Stop by our booth and say hello.
- October 2016 – Arthur Drache will be a presenter at a symposium for museum and gallery board members sponsored by the Museums Foundation of Canada in Toronto on October 24th, 2016. Karen Cooper will be speaking at the Cross Border Conservation 2016 LTA Rally taking place in Minneapolis, Minnesota on October 30th, 2016 about “Navigating the Complexities of U.S./Canada Cross Border Conservation”.
- September 2016 – Karen Cooper and Arthur Drache were named in the 2016 Best Lawyers in Canada guide. Adam Aptowitzer was named as a 2016 Corporate Lawyer to watch by Lexpert and has been elected to the Federal Court Bench and Bar Committee of the Canadian Bar Association and our very own Yvonne Chenier Q.C. was elected to the National Section Charity Council
- June 2016 – Guy Mallabone of Global Philanthropic and Adam Aptowitzer on the subject of “Practical and Legal Approaches for Developing a Major Gift”. The presentation will take place on June 20th, 2016 1:00 PM EST. Click here to sign up.
- May 2016 – Alexandra Tsannidakis on the subject of “Attracting Donations from Entrepeneurs”. The presentation will take place on May 25th, 2016
- February 2016 – On February 5th at 1:30 PM Alexandra Tzannidakis will give a legal update for charities and NFP’s as part of the OBA Institute 2016 at the Delta Hotel Downtown Ottawa. SAVE THE DATE – February session on Learning the Ropes of Social Enterprise. Yvonne Chenier will be presenting on February 22nd at 1:00 PM EST. Click here to sign up
- January 2016 – Adam Aptowtizer presented to the Estate Planning Council of Eastern Ontario.
- October 2015 – Karen J. Cooper will be travelling to the First Congress of the International Land Conservation Network conference in Berlin, Germany to speak about private land taxation to an international audience. We are also proud to announce that Karen has been honoured as a 2016 Best Lawyer in Canada for her work in the area of trusts and estates.
- September 2015 – Adam Aptowitzer presents to a group of Dentists discussing tax issues that have universal significance. View the presentation here. Karen J. Cooper will be at the Association of Treasurers of Religious Institutes (ATRI) conference in Saskatoon to give a workshop on tax and charity law updates that impact religious organizations.